CIKI: The Chosen One
1 in 5 students or 15% to 20% of the population have a language based learning disability. In this video from the 2015 "Can I Kick It?": Youth Movement Through Media Institute, Ashton reaches out for help when he realizes that he is struggling to read and his grades are dropping.
- 1 in 5 students or 15% to 20% of the population have a language based learning disability.
- Nearly the same percentage of males and females have dyslexia.
- In minority and high poverty schools, 70% to 80% have inadequate reading skills.
- 62% of non-reading students dropped out of high school.
- 80% of children with an individual education plan have reading difficulty and 85% of those are dyslexic.