FSEOG and State Grants

Posted by Amber White on

There are other forms of grants available outside of Pell Grants.  According to Schoolgrantsblog.com, one grant in particular would be the Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG).  This grant, though similar to the Pell Grant, is based on financial need and is completed in tandem with the school a student is trying to apply for.

 In this scenario, the government gives the student around 75% of the grant amount awarded while the school gives the other 25%.  This is determined again by your FAFSA.  Other stipulations include that you must be a U.S. citizen, not have a bachelor’s degree, can’t have an overpayment of a federal Pell grant, and can’t be in default on any educational loan.

 Another type of grant would be the ones distributed by the state.  Each state has its own programs and are easily found through consulting your exclusive state by state listing of available programs. 

Although some of the eligibility for these are determined after you submit the FAFSA, these grants do require that you submit separate forms.  Forms are submitted prior to the beginning of the school year.

Sponsored By: