Writing Great Essays
For some of the most desirable scholarships out there, an essay is usually required in order to become eligible to be chosen. Although writing essays can be a tedious and boring process, it can provide students with large monetary rewards if they do a great job composing them. They give judges a chance to see the students beyond their amazing test scores. What do judges look for in ‘top notch’ essays? What criteria are they judging the essays by? According to Parent and Kids Magazine College Planner guide, here are some tips that will make your essay stand apart from others and just might let you keep a few extra bucks in your pocket:
- Type your essay
- Show the depth of your passion
- Share something about you
- Show your reader you can think logistically and analytically
- Try and set yourself apart
- Make sure you answer the question asked
- Make sure your essays sounds like you
- Remember your audience
- BE SPECIFIC!
- Feel free to use humor
- Ask for feedback
- DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO START YOUR ESSAY!