POSITION: Chief Technology Officer
STATE TITLE: Office Director II
DEPARTMENT: Technical Services
ANNUAL ENTRY SALARY: Commensurate with experience
JOB DESCRIPTION Mississippi Public Broadcasting (MPB) is seeking a Chief Technical Officer with exceptional interpersonal skills who can translate ideas into action, effectively manage complex projects; and accomplish ambitious goals via strong leadership and effective management. This position will oversee media and information technology, broadcast and digital distribution, engineering, facilities and infrastructure services. He/she will be responsible for the planning, management, and overall supervision of the Technical Services and IT Departments ensuring the highest possible quality of broadcast and production of on-air programs and technical services to external and internal customers. The successful candidate will have a firm understanding of the role technology plays in today’s media business models, have a vision for how information technology and broadcast infrastructure processes support the operations of a multi-faceted media company, and able to effectively leverage emerging technology and a team of knowledgeable professionals to deliver transformational organizational impact. This position guides a staff of employees with direct reports who oversee broadcast engineering, RF transmission and information systems. This is an Exempt Non-State Service position. EOE M-F
• Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or a related field; plus, six (6) years of broadcast experience.
• Strong understanding of the technology necessary to support a growing multiplatform digital presence in the areas of broadcast management,
• Demonstrated knowledge of analog and digital technology for broadcast and production.
• Knowledge of broadcast networks, equipment, software programs and systems as applied to the effective delivery of broadcast signals.
• Proven ability to manage staff, prioritize objectives, maintain technical and RF facilities; including the maintenance plans and technical requirements of remote microwave and transmitter sites
• Demonstrated skill and successful experience in organizational change and transition management, including creating efficiencies, and implementing new and emerging technologies, including new/revised work processes.
• Ability and availability to coordinate 24/7 response to technical emergencies.
• Ability and desire to attain a cutting-edge organizational knowledge base by interfacing with leading broadcast professionals and researching relevant technical literature to maintain up to date broadcast engineering skills and knowledge of ATSC 3.0, IPTV, SMPTE standards and other forward-looking IT and broadcast technical systems and solutions.
• An understanding of the workings of a statewide public broadcasting network is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Applicants may apply online at Mississippi State Personnel Board (www.mspb.ms.gov)
• Applicants may submit State of Mississippi application to Personnel, Mississippi Public Broadcasting, 3825 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, MS 39211
• Applicants may submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled