The goal of this Human Resources internship is to offer the opportunity to students to participate and gain professional skills and experiences by applying knowledge acquired in the classroom to real world situations. This internship is equivalent to entry-level personnel work, performing duties which assist an administrative superior in carrying out a comprehensive personnel management program. Incumbents are responsible for personnel functions such as assisting with orientation training; applicant recruitment and selection procedures; conducting studies; maintenance of individual personnel records and organization/position records; and preparation and submission of forms and data for personnel transactions.
Specific responsibilities may include the following examples of work, but are not limited to:
· Assists in maintenance of personnel records, reports, and other files (pertaining to such areas as hiring, pay, classification, promotion, termination, performance evaluation, training, and retirement).
· Ensuring that procedures are performed correctly
· Researching and collecting data for various HR initiatives
· Updating various databases
· Designing, writing, and advertising job descriptions for open job positions
· Performing Reference and background checks
· Assist with scheduling, conducting, and preparing materials for orientation
· Preparing new hire paperwork
· Resolving problems in paperwork
· Creating new personnel files
· Revamp training manual
· Make HR newsletters
· Assists in employees appreciation
· Assists in preparation and submission of forms and data for personnel transactions.
· The incumbent’s duties may include answering telephones as well as a variety of clerical details relating to personnel transactions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants may visit www.mpbonline.org, search Career for complete description.
Applicants may go online to Mississippi State Personnel Board (www.mspb.ms.gov), Click on Job Seekers. This will take you to the “JOB OPENINGS” page. Read instructions thoroughly to apply for job opening.
Applicants may submit resumes and reels to email@example.com.
Applicants may submit State of Mississippi application to Personnel, Mississippi Public Broadcasting, 3825 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, MS39211.
Closing Date: March 31, 2017