Objective: First day get to know your peers exercise
- 1/6 57# Paper Bag, 57lb Kraft, Brown, 12 x 7 x 17, 500/Bundle
- 2 bundles of yarn
- Pack of permanent markers
- Pack of college rule paper
- 5 hole punchers
- Punch holes on the top corner of opening of each bag.
- Use yarn to create a necklace with paper bag in the center.
- Place the pack of paper in an accessible place for assignment.
- Separate class into five different groups.
- Students must take a paper bag and write their name on the front of the bag.
- Each student must say only their name when asked: Who are You?
- Discuss how it felt when stating their name and nothing else.
- Students need to express who they are on the back of the bag by writing 9 statements about themselves.
- Groups must discuss amongst themselves their statements.
- Each student must take a sheet of paper and write a three paragraph essay about who they are and read it to their group.
- Each group must create a presentation based on “Who Am I” to express what they learned about each other within their group.