Objective: Teaches word recognition
- One wooden dowel rod
- One pack of magnetic letters
- One bundle of yarn
- One large basket
- One magnet
- Cut two feet of yarn and tie one end to the wooden dowel rod.
- Then tie the other end to the magnet.
- Next pour the pack of magnetic letters in the large basket.
- Using the word of the day, have the students one at a time fish for the word of the day.
- The task can be changed to just find the letter that matches something else or the first letter of their name.