MPB’s Can I Kick It? Ambassador’s Council
The Ambassador’s Council is a team of students dedicated to ending Mississippi’s dropout crisis. Through community events, team meetings and other outreach activities, the Council gives students a voice and an opportunity to empower their peers.
Why should I join the Ambassador’s Council?
• Create a youth media campaign to raise the state graduation rate
• Lead activities focused on dropout prevention
• Get professional training in leadership and character development
• Participate in college and career readiness programs
• Gain community service hours
• Access unique internship opportunities in broadcasting
• Learn from experts and leaders through trainings, workshops and seminars
For more information about MPB’s dropout prevention efforts visit mpbonline.org or contact Shantay Griffith at 601-432-6172.
Thursday, March 31, 2016
5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
3825 Ridgewood Road
Jackson, MS 39211
Registration is required.
The upcoming Can I Kick It? Ambassador’s Training will be on Character Development. Mr. Marc Fomby of FTC Prevention Services will be the keynote speaker. He will educate students on the six pillars: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship. In an effort to make sure council members are effective in their schools and throughout their communities, we will equip them with the necessary tool to be successful, while also providing a network of support to their peers.
For questions and more information: please contact Shantay Griffith, 601-432-6267, email@example.com
May 26, 2016: Can I Kick It? Graduation Reception
June 23, 2016: Can I Kick It? Youth Engagement Forum
July 18-29, 2016: Summer Media Institute
September 29, 2016: Ambassador’s Council Forum
November 30, 2016: Stop the Drop Dropout Prevention Summit