Taking Charge looks at the following communities and their projects:
- McComb - Installed solar panels on buildings
- Sumrall - Retrofit their heating, ventilation, and air condition systems, as well as windows and lighting fixtures.
- Starkville - Reduced costs by 70% by moving to LED traffic lights.
- Philadelphia - Saved $6,000 a year by switching to LED street lights.
- Oktibbeha County - Retrofit their heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems, and updated lighting to save $20,000 a year.
- Lincoln County - Updated lighting fixtures to save $25,000 a year.