MPB Kids Club Writers Contest 2016
Well, this year's contest is over! We loved all of the stories that were sent to us this year. Below are the stories that were selected as the best of the best. Thank you to everyone to sent us a story, and congratulations to the winners!
1st Alex West – St. Francis of Assisi
2nd Jai Payton – Jackson Academy
3rd Sidney Mobley - MRA
1st Constance Wadley – Higher Learning Academy
2nd Preston McDowell – North Jackson Elementary
3rd Whitley White – Redwood Elementary
1st Hayes Gabler –North Pike Elementary
2nd Audrey Walters – Sudduth Elementary
3rd Jack Frame –Corinth Elementary
1st Ben Fowler – Poplarville Upper Elementary
2nd Faith Anglin – Mize Attendance Center
3rd Will Morgan – First Presbyterian Day School
1st Madeline Swain – Lafayette Upper Elementary
2nd Bianca Ourso - Homeschool
3rd Lindsay Meador
1st Grace Anqlin - MRA
2nd Ishmam Bhuiyan – Eastside Elementary
Rules & Regulations
Download the Complete Rules >> (220.7 KB)
Eligibility & Entry Guidelines
- Entrants must be a member of the MPB Kids Club. To join the MPB Kids Club please visit the website or select the option on the contest Entry Form.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted in this Contest; all subsequent entries will be disqualified.
- Only single author stories qualify (no co-authored stories).
- Stories can be fact or fiction, and prose or poetry.
Word Count Requirement
- Kindergarten and first grade stories must have a minimum of 50 words and a maximum of 200 words.
- Second and third grade stories must have a minimum of 100 words and a maximum of 350 words.
- Fourth and Fifth grade stories must have a minimum of 200 words and a maximum of 450 words.
- The word count includes “a,” “an,” and “the,” but not the words on non-story pages such as the title page or those that enhance the illustrations.
- Text must be printed or written legibly or typed.
- Children who cannot write may dictate their story to be printed, written legibly or typed.
- Text may be integrated into the illustration pages or on separate pages.
- Non-English text must be translated on the same page and the translated text (English text) must adhere to word count.
- Invented spelling is accepted.
Format & Illustrations
- Stories must have at least 5 original, clear and colorful illustrations.
- Original art can include drawings, digital images, painting or watercolors. The use of glue, glitter, tape, foam stickers, staples, jewels, ribbons or materials that stand out from the page (i.e. 2-D or 3-D images) are not allowed.
- Stories submitted by mail must be created on one side of the paper and numbered on the back of each page.