TITLE OF POSITION: Website Administrator (Applications Developer II)
ANNUAL ENTRY SALARY: $50,000.00
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
The Website and Systems Administrator is a critical part of MPB’s overall integrated marketing communication strategy as the primary contact for all aspects of MPB’s website. The mission of the digital team is to conceive, design, develop and deliver a portfolio of experiences that help MPB grow, know, engage and activate audiences across platforms ranging from the web to mobile and beyond. The Website and Systems Administrator will be responsible for managing the end-to-end delivery of a suite of excellent technology solutions, having experience with CSS, SEO, XML, UX/UI and an understanding of designing and maintaining a responsive website. The role will be tasked with innovating and collaborating with other stakeholders to achieve the goals and objectives of MPB. This position reports to the Director of Communications and works closely with other members of the digital team. This position is classified as State-State Service, Exempt. EOE M-F
• Manages overall day-to-day operations of MPBonline.org, including updating web pages, JotForms and the creation of new web pages.
• Develop, configure, enhance, and maintain both custom and third-party applications, including MPB Public Media App and Acast podcast integrations, used in support of the agency's mission.
• Concepts, designs, and implements the creation of websites, including writing code and integrating CMS programs.
• Collaborates with colleagues to ensure seamless planning process across all online products and services, including website migrations.
• Overall assurance that MPB’s online presence remains competitive, highly visible while helping to shape multiplatform digital strategies with communications colleagues.
• Assists with livestream responsibilities.
• Serve as a backup as needed for other digital platform updates, such as social media.
• Creates and implements a culture of collaboration and innovation across all disciplines.
• Assists employees with the use of MPB’s website through one-on-one support, user guides, and training sessions as needed.
• Manages and utilizes website analytic software for metric and optimization, such as Google Analytics, to identify opportunities to improve audience experience and provide reports as needed.
• Acts as a thought leader for user experience and user design.
• Maintains current knowledge of best practices and emerging developments in web design, web development, and technology.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and InDesign.
• Manages the implementation of digital ADA accessibility across web platforms to make content available to a wider audience. Researches emerging accessibility best practices and guides the execution of new approaches as technology evolves.
• Fosters positive online communications, keeping the MPB brand top of mind while safeguarding MPB’s business reputation and the reputation of its brands.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in related field and 2-5 years+ of IT experience in web development and administration. Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and InDesign. Experience with CSS, SEO, XML, UX/UI and an understanding of designing and maintaining a responsive website.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applicants may submit State of Mississippi application to Personnel, Mississippi Public Broadcasting, 3825 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, MS 39211.
- Applicants may submit a resume and/or application to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled