Singer, Songwriter and Guitarist Teneia Sanders is a native of Jackson, Mississippi and is currently based in Phoenix, Arizona. Her work has been featured in film and on television, and has won numerous awards.
Originally from Jackson, Mississippi, Teneia currently resides in Phoenix, Arizona. She is an internationally-touring musician and songwriter, and has four albums to her credit. She has won multiple awards, had her work featured in television and film, and shared the stage with various critically-acclaimed artists.
Teneia is quickly making a name for herself in the Indie music scene. Her angelic voice, unique guitar rhythms, and moving lyrics have helped to solidify her growing reputation as a truly gifted artist with a dedication to her craft. In October 2012 she completed a four week solo tour of the US, and in April 2013 she completed a seven week solo tour of the US and Canada. Her work ethic is as relentless as the groove of her music.
One of Teneia's most prominent pieces, "Stand," earned a placement in the HBO documentary Prom Night in Mississippi featuring Morgan Freeman. "Stand" embodies Teneia's ability as an artist to address deeply rooted social issues fearlessly and confidently. Her true talent however, is how she strips down the audience, leaving their minds filled with reflection and their hearts filled with hope.
Teneia's newest release, Radioactive Lover, is available internationally on iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, Bandcamp, and other digital outlets. This album features tasty pop hooks flavored with a Motown-era vintage vibe, but retains the passion and soulfulness that have become trademarks of her sound. Never before has Teneia had her true vision for a piece of work so fully realized. Radioactive Lover is a groundbreaking collection of songs, and is poised to propel this gifted artist to unforeseen heights in her career.
- Original song "Stand" featured in HBO Documentary "Prom Night in Mississippi" starring Morgan Freeman (2007)
- Contributed to the Teach for America Compilation Album, along with national acts Neko Case and The Swell Season (2007)
- Nominated as a finalist for PASTE Magazine's Rock & Reel Contest (2008)
- Winner of the National Women's Music Festival's "Discovers New Talent" Competition (2009)
- Nominated by the Just Plain Folk Music Foundation for Best Original Blues Song "I'm Over You" (2009)
- Signed with SonaBLAST! Records (2010)
- Winner of Chicks with Picks Chickstock contest "Best Performance" Award (2011)
- Winner of Chicks with Picks Chickstock contest "Best Original Song" Award (2011)
- Original song "Loser" picked up by FirstCom (2011)
- Original song "Stand" featured on Taste of AAA sampler (2011)
- Original song "Hard Times" featured in independent movie Away From Here starring Alicia Witt and Nick Stahl (2013)
- Performed at the Red Gorilla Music Festival (2008 and 2013)
- Original songs "Let Go" and "The Commander" featured in GE promotional material (2013)
- Opened for various national acts, including Lucinda Williams, Missy Higgins, Jamie O'Neal, Sarah Darling, Jessi Colter, Sharon Little, Grayson Capps, Catie Curtis, Luke Doucet, Tab Benoit, Kelley McRae, Salvador Santana, and others